Sunday, July 20, 2014

FOODS FROM CORN, VINTAGE POSTER SUNDAY

Food From Corn, vintage poster image courtesy of NY Public Library
Here is another wartime poster image that reminded people how healthy and nutritious corn made products were.  During the war, other items such as regular sugar, flour, etc were in use for the troops and in short supply so corn was the 'at home' replacement.  Corn starch, corn oil, corn syrup, amazing how prevalent they are still.

Hope you are having a great weekend, we are good and our hearts are warmed by all your comments from yesterday's POST.  Thank you.

More later today!



2 comments:

  1. Still prevalent--but now it's "scary" corn-LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Put some cornbread, corn tortillas, and hush puppies on that poster and I'll be a happy Texas gal !

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!